Administers and manages the operation of the Building and Code Enforcement section. This includes overall coordination, enforcement and specialized assistance for building plan review and inspection to ensure the Tribe is in compliance with all applicable statutory requirements.
MAJOR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Advises directors, divisions, and Tribal officials on matters pertaining to building safety. Formulates policies and procedures for intake and tracking of building applications, building permits, inspections and occupancy permits.
2. Performs plan review and inspection of commercial, multi-family dwelling units, short plats, subdivisions and single family residences in process of construction, alteration or repair for compliance with uniform building code requirements and other regulations.
3. Supervises assigned staff, consultants and contractors in accordance with program requirements and priorities.
4. Tracks data and prepares reports of development activities for directors, Tribal Council, other divisions and agencies.
5. Interprets and enforces building, mechanical, plumbing, electrical, and energy codes.
6. Performs inspections and provides public information and referral.
7. Because of the Tribe’s commitment to community service and the well being of its members, each employee may be expected to perform a wide range of office and field duties from time to time. Such duties may or may not be related to their regular responsibilities.
EDUCATION - EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING FOR POSITION
? Bachelor’s degree in architecture, construction technology, engineering or related field.
? Ten (10) years experience in building inspection, construction or design
? Five (5) years experience in plan review of commercial and residential buildings
? Two (2) years supervisor experience
? Experience in regulatory or code enforcement setting
? ICBO or BOA certification as a building inspector or plans examiner
? Current and valid Washington State Driver’s License
? Certification as a Building Official by the Council of American Building Officials is required within one year of employment
SPECIFIC SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES REQUIRED FOR POSITION
? Construction practices, codes and land use planning concepts
? Zoning, administrative codes and the public information process
? Written and verbal communication, including preparation and delivery of reports, as well as presentations
? Code writing and administration
? Interpreting codes, regulations, standards, plans and specs, legal descriptions, and various Tribal and governmental documents
? Complex decision making
Licenses or Certifications Required
Current and valid Washington state driver’s license.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed