As a key member of a multi-person team, provide classroom training in A+ (Computer Technician) and Network+ (Network Technician) and current computer technologies resulting in a successful student employment. This will include curriculum research, development, and delivery; successful interaction with a diverse student population; effective management of the classroom dynamics; and the development and maintenance of ongoing ties with industry.
1. Work with program staff to develop, initiate and evaluate a recruitment program.
2. Develop,initiate and evaluate program curriculum.
3. Provide instruction for all revelant IT areas, including but not limited to: A+ and Network + to program participants.
4. Monitor student progress and provide feedback as needed.
5. Assist the Program Director and the MOST staff in generating all reports relating to the program.
6. Assist in the development and maintenance of collaborations and partnerships with local school districts and the higher education community.
7. Work with the Director and Community Liaison to develop and maintain linkages with state and local organizations pertinent to the program.
8. Because of the Tribe's commitment to community service and the well being of its members, each employee may be expected to perform a wide range of office and field duties from time to time. Such duties may or may not be related to their regular responsibilities.
Bachelors degree in Education or related field and two years recent work experience in the information systems technology industry; six months of which must have been within the past two years. Five (5) years similar experience preferred.
A valid Washington State driver’s license is required at the time of appointment or at a time set by the Tribe. A valid Vocational Certification in designated area(s) is required at the time of appointment or at a time set by the Tribe.
The working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this class.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, crawl, kneel, crouch, twist, push/pull and grasp; use hands to operate, finger repetitively, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must frequently lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds. Employee has occasional exposure to possible electrical shock. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.