This position works under the direction of the Electronic Gaming Manager where incumbent independently evaluates the testing of new or modified hardware, firmware, and software programs submitted by various game and associated equipment manufacturers for proper function. Verify that hardware, firmware and software programs function according to user requirements and established regulatory guidelines.
2. As directed by the Electronic Gaming Manager, writes, revises, and verifies quality standards and test procedures for hardware, firmware, and software program design to confirm product fitness economically and efficiently.
3.Reviews and tests new or modified hardware, firmware, software programs, and software program processing including user and technical documentation, diagrams, and flow charts to determine if products will perform according to user expectation and in accordance with regulatory guidelines.
4. Maintains records pertaining to history and updates of electronic gaming units, compliance issues and risk management/badge systems.
5. Recommends hardware, firmware and software program improvements to the Electronic Gaming Manager and/or corrections based on test results and user feedback.
6. Assists Electronic Gaming Manager as an agency representative with respect to gaming device manufacturer, repair and/or various compliance agency representatives.
7. Assists in developing component requirements for applications; independently develops and implements specification packages from start to finish; tests, and implements specification packages from start to finish; tests, and implements application components; writes reusable documents.
8.Maintains data dictionary including design and development of reports and users. Reviews project data model and data element definitions for compliance with standards; tests new releases of data dictionary software.
9. Conducts testing at the request of the electronic gaming department and user community to locate and correct hardware and firmware issues and program operating errors following the installation of new or updated hardware, firmware, and software programs.
10. Conducts compatibility testing with vendor-provided hardware, firmware and software programs.
11. Monitors performance after implementation to document and prevent reoccurrence of problems and to ensure the efficiency of operations.
12. Writes documentation to describe program evaluations, testing and corrections.
13. Because of the Tribe’s commitment to community service and the well-being of its members, each employee may be expected to perform a wide range of office and field duties from time to time. Such duties may or may not be related to their regular responsibilities.
Required: Associates Degree from an accredited college in Computer Technology, Information Technology, Engineering (minimum of four (4) years Information Technology experience may be substituted for a degree). 3-4 years of work experience in Information Technology (testing and troubleshooting). 1-2 years of casino experience with gaming equipment and machines.
Preferred: Experience with programming and databases.
Special Requirements: Incumbents must be able to pass a background check; meet the criteria for a gaming license and pass a drug and alcohol test.
Skill in: Verbal and written communication; problem-solving; attention to detail; working independently; using independent judgment; project management.
Knowledge of: Automated information systems, principles and techniques; computer networking and electronic technology and methodologies; hardware architecture and troubleshooting techniques; desktop systems; basic configuration commands; basic concepts of project management; gaming systems and software
Ability to: Configure desktop hardware, networks, operating systems and software; support, maintain, and enhance existing applications; learn and understand technological gaming regulation standards; respond to common inquiries or complaints from internal and external customers, state/national regulatory agencies or members of the business/gaming community.
Continuously use of vision. Frequently sit, stand, use of manual dexterity, speak, and use hearing. Occasionally walk, lift and carry (35-50lbs), bend, reach, twist, push and pull, and may occasionally be exposed to electric shock and mechanical parts. Occasionally exposed to 2nd hand smoke. May be exposed to all weather conditions including extreme hot and cold.