Under general direction this position is responsible for all interior and exterior painting projects. Initiates, schedules, carries out and assures successful completion of the following specific phases and actions in the painting process: planning; scheduling; meetings; procurement of materials, onsite supervision of employees, ongoing coordination; site approvals. Receives general direction from and reports to the Building Maintenance Manager; expected to have a clear understanding of what is needed and to exercise initiative, good judgment and general competence in carrying out their responsibilities.
1. Assure the protection of surrounding areas.
2. Maintain safe working environment within OSHA standards.
3. Maintain all painting related tools and equipment.
4. Set up, adjust and operate spray painting equipment, hand power tools, and surface cleaning equipment.
5. Prepare metal surfaces for painting by needle gunning, sandblasting, and pressure washing, and/or cleaning.
6. Mix paints and other surfacing materials, base materials, thinners, and pigments to obtain appropriate consistency, color and drying properties.
7. Paint surfaces with various types of paints, epoxies, enamels, and marine coatings using brush/roller and spray applications.
8. Perform less complex building repairs by assisting higher graded journey level craft workers; or perform work as a laborer.
9. Provide “on-the job” training for the Apprentice Painter.
10. Adhere to employer time schedules and budgets in a residential construction environment
11. Coordinate and monitor the activities of subcontractors, vendors and suppliers. Monitor inventories and request supplies and equipment; insures that work areas are properly maintained.
12. Assists Building Maintenance Manager with conducting various analyses and inspections of building systems to determine the most cost-effective means of maintenance, repair or replacement.
13. Builds and maintains positive working relationships with employees, Muckleshoot Departments, or contractors.
14. Attends and participates in weekly staff meetings to maintain focus, cultivate communication and share the benefits of the team’s knowledge and collective wisdom.
15. Because of the Tribe’s commitment to community service and the well-being of its members, each employee may be expected to perform a wide range of office and field duties from time to time. Such duties may or may not be related to their regular
Skill in: Strong working knowledge of job site safety as well as ability to complete a company specific safety orientation. Administering multiple on-going projects and coordinate the workflow and materials supplies; written and verbal communication; operating standard office equipment, including personal computer and applicable software; supervising employees and/or contractors.
Ability to: Establish and maintain positive working relationships; comply with and maintain safety standards; manage and prioritize multiple work priorities under time sensitive deadlines; maintain confidentiality and comply with applicable laws, ordinances, policies, and regulations; coordinate and monitor work of staff; maintain professionalism; analyze and apply critical thinking, investigate alternatives, and apply solutions..
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is required to walk, stand, drive a motor vehicle, operate equipment and reach with hands and arms. Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus; frequently works in outside weather conditions; operates various vehicles, equipment and power driven machinery. Frequently works in high, precarious places and is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration, and is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.