- To be in attendance and on time.
Major Duties and Management Skills:
- Monitors pool areas and enforces pool usage guidelines in a respectful, professional and fair manner
- Follows proper procedure for lifeguarding and other duties with little supervision.
- Continually practices lifeguarding and swimming skills.
- Maintains and updates certifications prior to expiration dates, and provides supervisor with updated copies of required certifications.
- Performs daily chemical tests per policy, troubleshoots chemical problems and, adds chemicals when needed.
- Efficient and confident when using rescue or safety equipment.
- Helpful and courteous to all participants at all times.
- Completes cleaning assignments; follows written procedures for any bodily fluid discharge.
- Communicates promptly and effectively with Supervisor regarding any incidents or accidents that occur.
- Completes all duties on daily cleaning schedules and opening / closing procedures.
- Responsible for assisting in training new employees and cross-training current employees until they are comfortable enough to work on their own.
- Keeps deck and office areas clean, organized and free of clutter.
- Performs duties according to national standards and department policy.
- Follows procedure for cleaning up biohazard.
- Documents emergencies, accidents and incidents according to policy.
- Responds to emergencies in a calm and professional manner.
- Maintains current CPR / First Aid / Rescue skills.
- Represents the MIT HWC in a positive and professional manner when interacting with customers and the community.
- Demonstrates positive interpersonal relations in dealing with staff, customers and supervisors.
- Proficient in written communication, record keeping, memos and correspondence.
- Maintains strict confidentiality when dealing with sensitive customer or personnel issues.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
Because of the Tribe’s commitment to community service and the well being of its members, each employee may be expected to perform a wide range of office and field duties from time to time. Such duties may or may not be related to regular responsibilities.