MAJOR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the mission and vision of the Muckleshoot Tribal School and the Athletic Program
- Attend all school practices, games, tournaments, meetings etc.
- Organization, administration and coaching of the team under his/her direction.
- Enforce all rules of the league, state and national association as they pertain to the respective sport.
- Cooperate with Tribal School administration, athletic director, fellow coaches and students to promote the best interests of the entire athletic program.
- Prepare and maintain a roster of all team members.
- Assume responsibility for conduct of contestants in sport involved.
- Complete all requirements outlined by State WIAA.
- Actively participate in professional organizations such as the state coaches association.
- Assume supervisory control over all levels of teams in the program.
- Ensure facility regulations are understood and enforced.
- Emphasize safety precautions and use accepted training and injury procedures.
- Maintain records of the team and individual accomplishments.
SPECIFIC SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES REQUIRED FOR POSITION
- Required: High School graduate
- Head coach High School-annually attend a WIAA approved rules clinic in sport being coached
- Hold a valid current First Aid Certification / Hold a valid current CPR Certification
- Current and valid Washington state driver’s license/ Ever Safe Drivers course completed before/or after appointment
- Ability to meet WIAA coaching standards
- Previous experience coaching Native American students is preferred
- Member of the Muckleshoot Indian Tribe preferred
- Interscholastic coaches, paid and/or volunteer, shall have training in at least the essential areas of study required for a physical education teacher's endorsement in Washington secondary schools and the NFHS Coaches Education Program.
Licenses or Certifications Required
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed