This position is designated for the purpose of performing duties of transporting tribal and community members to medical, dental, and behavior health appointments.
1. Transports patients to medical, dental, and/or behavior health appointments for those individuals that have no other means of transportation.
2. Assists patients in way-finding to their medical, dental, and/or behavior health appointments.
3. Assists in medication drop-offs for patients unable to get to pharmacy. Picks up medications for patients at tribal/local pharmacies.
4. Maintains the privacy and confidentiality of all protected heath information in accordance with the Division’s Policies and Procedures, and in compliance with state and federal regulations.
5. Maintains Tribal and GSA vehicles travel logs and prepares Mileage report monthly.
6. Ensures that scheduled maintenance is performed on Tribal and/or GSA vehicles
7. Responds to inquiries by phone and in person, identifies client’s needs, and assists in scheduling appointments as appropriate.
8. Operates tribal and/or GSA vehicles, including handicap van. Assists patients in and out of vehicle when appropriate. Assists with operation of wheelchairs and other durable medical equipment.
9. Keeps schedule book; is prompt to appointments. Allocates travel time appropriately.
10. Is familiar with local providers’ office locations, hospitals and medical/dental facilities.
High school diploma or equivalent. Special Requirements; Current and valid Washington State Driver’s License.
The working conditions described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this class. The employee is frequently required to sit and hear, push/pull, use feet to move controls on vehicles, machinery or equipment, and to drive a motor vehicle. The employee is occasionally required to talk, stand, walk, climb stairs, bend while assisting clients in and out of vehicles, reach with hands and arms, grasp with the fingers, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The employee may occasionally be exposed to exhaust fumes, biohazards, and/or communicable diseases. May also occasionally be exposed to excessive noise, vibration, electric shock, and moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.