Under general supervision, performs routine clerical, accounting and administrative work including basic coding of financial and accounting information in accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and cashiering
1. Provides specialized and/or technical information that requires moderate interpretation of established policies, procedures and guidelines to internal and/or external customers. Some incumbents may have to deal with sensitive and/or potentially volatile situations.
2. Compiles data that may require information searches through files, contracts, records, or computer files.
3. Performs basic numerical calculations involving accounts payable, accounts receivable, cashiering, reconciliation of accounts, monitoring of routine expenditures, payroll and/or other applications.
4. Performs basic coding of financial, accounting and/or payroll information.
5. Maintains data on employees including hours worked, changes in employee information, salary changes, exemptions and insurance; maintains and verifies leave balances.
6. Establishes, maintains, modifies, retrieves and tracks financial, accounting and/or payroll information using a variety of methods.
7. Enters, obtains and/or verifies financial, accounting and/or payroll information following established methods and guidelines.
8. Provides technical assistance to customers with regard to appropriate and applicable policies, regulations, contracts and laws.
9. Maintains, inventories, orders, collects and distributes supplies and/or equipment.
10. Processes documents that may require attaching related correspondence or information; selects mail to handle personally where the response requires specialized knowledge of the assigned function; identifies priority and/or time-sensitive matters; and maintains security and confidentiality.
1. May compose, draft, type and/or word process, proofread and edit documents, contracts and/or correspondence.
2. Conducts orientation and/or trains co-workers.
3. May provide administrative support to other work units as required.
4. Because of the Tribe’s commitment to community service and the well being of its members, each employee may be expected to perform a wide range of office and field duties from time to time. Such duties may or may not be related to their regular responsibilities.
Graduation from a high school or equivalent with specialized course work in general office practices and supplemented by college level courses in accounting, and two (2) years of related experience.
Knowledge of: General office principles and practices. Software applications relative to the position assignment. Proper English grammar, usage and spelling. Word processing and spreadsheet applications. Basic accounting and mathematics.
Skill in: Keyboarding (speed required may vary according to position assignment). Communications (oral and written). Interpersonal and human relations. Problem-solving. Effective customer service ? in person and via telephone (discretion, patience, etiquette, professionalism). Using 10-key machine by touch. Numerical analysis. The operation of a variety of office equipment, such as fax machine and copier. Following oral and written instructions. Adapting to frequent interruptions and changes in workload demand. Maintaining the confidentiality of sensitive matters. Following through on assignments. Acquiring knowledge of specialized terminology relevant to position assignment. Taking initiative. Conducting research for a specific work assignment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to operate, finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.