Under administrative direction, provides desktop hardware and software support for computer users on the Muckleshoot Indian Tribe’s internal computer network. Also will be responsible for installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of fax machines, copiers, and all applicable communications systems through-out the tribe.
1. Assists in the day-to-day operations of the Tribe’s information systems; assists in performing hardware upgrades and repairs to the LAN including hubs, routers, printers and workstations;
promptly addresses system-wide and individual PC operation problems.
2. Assists in the maintenance and monitoring of the wide area network (WAN) connection between all Tribal sites.
3. Assists in the safeguarding of the entire LAN system, as well as the Tribe’s documents and records using virus protection software, daily backup procedures, and other tools.
4. Assists in the installation and configuration of multiple network operating systems and multiple protocols.
5. Analyzes, develops and proposes solutions for Service Requests, Trouble Tickets, and technical issues occurring in IT systems. Implements or supervises the implementation of solutions;
ensures or assists in addressing any system, database or performance issues that may be encountered.
6. Recommends and implements solutions for IT system problems arising from architectural, database desktop or distributed system constraints.
7. Participates in interface design and modification between IT systems that may involve distributed processing across different platforms.
8. Tests, debugs and migrates program and processing parameter changes through the change management environment as necessary. Verifies and reviews test results with the work group
9. Implements software security directives from the Lead Systems Administrator.
10. Provides primary production support for MIT IT systems. Sets up the work group’s standard workstation and trains new IT employees on the use of production environment; trains and
mentors new PC Support Technicians in the production environment and the use of Operating System support software.
11. Documents the technical aspects of MIT system design; participates in IT and business projects to define systems requirements and recommend technology solutions.
12. Provides technical guidance and leadership to colleagues and work groups in resolving systems. Provides instruction and training on the technical aspects of using Operating system support
software in the applications environment.
13. Apprises supervisor and/or designated personnel of upgrades and/or new products that would enhance the Tribe’s operational efficiency and effectiveness.
14. Provides specialized technical support to users; meets with users and/or department representatives to analyze requirements, recommends solutions and coordinates implementation.
15. Provides on-going technical support for specialized applications; logs trouble calls, analyzes and corrects problems at source. Identifies problems requiring vendor assistance and coordinates
vendor technical support.
16. Monitors Internet abuse by installing and maintaining filters preventing access to inappropriate or non-work related sites.
17. Coordinates and communicates with IT staff to resolve technical issues ensuring that sufficient information is communicated and that an effective mode of communication is utilized.
18. Interacts and coordinates with clients and vendors to foster a high level customer service relationship; proactively identifies technical issues/problems that could negatively impact business
operations; develops and proposes a variety of solutions and options; assists clients in selecting the most effective course of action.
Required: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network +, and Microsoft Specialist certifications, and two (2) years of related experience as a PC technician working at a helpdesk.
Associates degree in information technology from an accredited college or vocational school.
Four (4) years of experience as a PC technician working at a helpdesk.
As a condition of employment, candidates selected for this position that do not hold the above certifications will be required to complete the certifications within eighteen (18) months of hire.
Special Requirements: A valid Washington State driver’s license is required at time of appointment or at a time set by the Tribe.
Knowledge of: PC diagnostics and repair (hardware and software). Information systems, including analysis, design, development, implementation, maintenance documentation and training procedures and practices. Hardware architecture, testing, troubleshooting techniques and utility software. Industry changes and advancements. Client business processes and workflow. Network operating systems and routing operating systems. Wide area network hardware and protocols. Network connectivity troubleshooting.
Skill in: Developing documentation for technical and non-technical audiences and preparing training materials for users. Using productivity tools to convey ideas. Oral and written communications. LAN/WAN systems operation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, crawl, kneel, crouch, twist, push/pull and grasp; use hands to operate, finger repetitively, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds. Employee has occasional exposure to possible electrical shock. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.